International Symposium on Agricultural Meteorology
in Towada 27-30 March 2017
The annual conference for the Society of Agricultural Meteorology of Japan and the International Symposium on Agricultural Meteorology (ISAM2017) are to be held at Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori, Japan, on 27-30 March, 2017. Please refer to the following official web site for detailed information.
Date and Venue
27-30 March, 2017
Towada Campus, Kitasato University (Higashi 23-35-1, Towada, Aomori, Japan)
|Date & Time||Annual meeting of SAMJ*||ISAM2017|
|From 2:00 PM||Registration||Registration|
|2:30 PM – 7:00 PM||Organized session|
|9:00 AM – 11:15 AM||Oral session|
|12:45 PM – 2:45 PM||Poster session||Poster session|
|3:00 PM – 5:30 PM|
|5:30 PM – 7:00 PM||Other assemblies|
|9:00 AM – 11:15 AM||Oral session||Oral session|
|12:30 PM – 2:30 PM||General assembly|
|2:45 PM – 5:45 PM|
|6:00 PM – 8:00 PM||Banquet|
|9:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Oral session/Excursion||Oral session|
|1:00 PM – 4:00 PM||Excursion|
- *：The annual meeting of the Society of Agricultural Meteorology on Japan (SAMJ2017) is held concurrently with ISAM2017 (in Japanese).
Registration for participation
- Presentation (oral and poster): Send the registration form and extended abstract of your presentation to the ISAM Secretariat by email before 31 Jan, 2017.
- Participation without presentations: Participation without presentation is welcome. Send the registration form to the ISAM Secretariat by email. An early-bird discount for registration fee is available through 14 Feb, 2017.
- Manuscripts (full/short paper): We welcome your submission of the presentations at ISAM2017 to the Journal of Agricultural Meteorology (JAM). Submitted manuscripts are peer-reviewed more rapidly than regular ones. There are no other differences from ordinary submission except for the rapidness. If you wish to submit a manuscript (full/short paper) for this program, please indicate your intention to submit on the registration form and send that with your extended abstract to the ISAM secretariat before 31 Jan 2017. Please submit the manuscript before 31 May 2017 using the JAM online submission system. Check the web site of JAM for manuscript preparation (PDF).
- Registration form (MS-Excel)
- Extended abstract sample (MS-Word)
- address of the ISAM Secretariat: samj2017 (at) ml.affrc.go.jp
- Add a text @ by yourself when you copy the above addresses to your email client.
Fees and Payment
Fees (Japanese Yen)
Early-bird fee (Registration by 14 Feb, 2017)
|Regular member of SAMJ||JPY 6,000||JPY 5,000|
|Student, Postdoc or silver members||JPY 3,000||JPY 3,000|
|Non-members**||JPY 8,000||JPY 6,000|
|Non-members (students/postdocs)**||JPY 5,000||JPY 3,000|
Regular fee (Registration after 15 Feb, 2017)
|Regular member of SAMJ||JPY 8,000||JPY 6,000|
|Student, Postdoc or silver members||JPY 5,000||JPY 4,000|
|Non-members||JPY 10,000||JPY 7,000|
|Non-members (students/postdocs)||JPY 7,000||JPY 4,000|
* Meals are not included.
** Overseas non-member participants can receive a privilege of discounted rate for the members of SAMJ.
Participants from outside Japan:Payment should be done on-site at the registration desk of ISAM2017 on arrival. Please be aware that all payments are in JPY. Early bird discount is applicable for the participants who send the registration form to the ISAM secretariat by 14 Feb, 2017 (JST). Fees for registration and the banquet basically depend on the participants’ membership status as shown in the above tables. However, overseas non-member participants can receive a privilege of discounted rate for the members (or student/postdoc members) by completing the registration by 14 Feb, 2017. Participants will be obligated to pay the registration fee for the cancellation after 1 Mar, 2017.
Participants from inside Japan: If you understand Japanese language, please refer to Japanese page. Otherwise, please contact us by email (samj2017 (at) ml.affrc.go.jp). All participants, irrespective of nationality, residing in Japan have to finish the payment by 14 Feb, 2017 to receive the discount in the payment. The payment by the postal money transfer is accepted until 13 Mar, 2017. Thereafter, please pay at the reception desk on the meeting days.
Instructions for presentation
- Please refer to this instructions before preparing your presentation.
Important deadlines (based on JST)
|Registration forms (with presentation)||31 Jan, 2017 (closed)|
|Registration fee discount||14 Feb, 2017 (closed)|
|Extended Abstract||31 Jan, 2017 (closed)|
|Manuscripts for publication in JAM||31 May, 2017|
Department of Environmental Bioscience, School of Veterinary Medicine,
Higashi 23-35-1, Towada, Aomori, 034-8628 Japan
Tel: 0176-23-4371 Fax: 0176-23-8703
Chair: Shinji TAKAI (Kitasato University)
Executive chairperson / Chief of secretariat: Hideo MINAGAWA (Kitasato University)
Vice-chairperson: Daiyu ITO (Hirosaki University)
Executive committee members
Ryuji ARAI (Institute for Environmental Sciences)
Makoto INOUE (Akita Prefectural University)
Sachinobu ISHIDA (Hirosaki University)
Toshikazu KAWAKATA (NARO/TARC)
Toshiyuki KIMURA (Aomori Pref. Industrial Technology Res. Cent.)
Masashi KOMINE (Akita Prefectural University)
Etsushi KUMAGAI (NARO/TARC)
So MACHITA (Aomori Pref. Industrial Technology Res. Cent.)
Miyuki NAKAJIMA (NARO/TARC)
Masumi OKADA (Iwate University)
Sayuri OKUBO (NARO/TARC)
Hiroyuki SHIMONO (Iwate University)
Hiroshi SHONO (Iwate University)
Akira WATANABE (Fukushima University)
Katushi YOKOYAMA (Yamagata Integrated Agricultural Res. Cent.)