International Symposium on Agricultural Meteorology
in Shizuoka 27-29 March 2019
The annual conference for the Society of Agricultural Meteorology of Japan and the International Symposium on Agricultural Meteorology (ISAM2019) are to be held at University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan, on 27-29 March, 2019. Please refer to the following official web site for detailed information.
Date and Venue
27-29 March, 2019
Kusanagi Campus, University of Shizuoka (52-1 Yada, Suruga-ku, Shizuoka, Japan)
- Access: Link
- Campus map: map of venue
- Reception desk is on the ground floor of School of Management and Information Building.
|Date & Time||Annual meeting of SAMJ*||ISAM2019|
|From 9:00 AM||Reception||Reception|
|10:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Oral Session||Oral Session|
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM|
|1:00 PM – 3:00 PM||Poster Session||Poster Session|
|3:00 PM – 5:00 PM||Organized session|
|5:00 PM – 6:30 PM||Other assemblies|
|9:00 AM – 11:45 AM||Oral session||Oral session|
|12:45 PM – 2:45 PM||General assembly|
|3:00 PM – 5:30 PM|
|6:00 PM – 8:00 PM|
|9:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Oral session||Oral session|
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM|
|12:50 PM – 5:30 PM||Excursion||Excursion|
- *：The annual meeting of the Society of Agricultural Meteorology on Japan (SAMJ2019) is held concurrently with ISAM2019 (in Japanese).
Request of “Proof of stay in Shizuoka-city”
Shizuoka-city can subsidize the organizing committee of ISAM and regular meeting of SAMJ if many visitors stay overnight in hotels located in Shizuoka-city. This is very helpful for the organizing committee as they organize and run this meeting within a limited budget. If you kindly agree to help the organizing committee, could you submit “Proof of accommodation” to reception desk of the meeting after getting proof of your stay in Shizuoka-city. Could you download the file “Proof of accommodation” and fill out your information. Then ask your hotel to write down the hotel name and address in the sheet and to put a seal on it. The organizing committee is very glad to give you a local sweet of Shizuoka after receiving the Proof of accomodation. We can receive the proof from 27th to 29th March.
Instruction for Presentation
Instruction for Presentation (5 Mar. 2019 update)
Registration for participation
- Presentation (oral and poster): Send the registration form and extended abstract of your presentation to the ISAM Secretariat by email before 31 Jan, 2019.
- Participation without presentations: Participation without presentation is welcome. Send the registration form to the ISAM Secretariat by email. An early-bird discount for registration fee is available until 14 Feb, 2019.
- Manuscripts (full/short paper): We welcome your submission of the presentations at ISAM2019 to the Journal of Agricultural Meteorology (JAM). Submitted manuscripts are peer-reviewed more rapidly than regular ones. There are no other differences from ordinary submission except for the rapidness. If you wish to submit a manuscript (full/short paper) for this program, please indicate your intention to submit on the registration form and send that with your extended abstract to the ISAM secretariat by 31 Jan 2019. Please submit the manuscript by 31 May 2019 using the JAM online submission system. Check the web site of JAM for manuscript preparation.
- Registration form (MS-Excel)
- Extended abstract sample (MS-Word)
- address of the ISAM Secretariat: samj (at) u-shizuoka-ken.ac.jp
- Add a text @ by yourself when you copy the above addresses to your email client.
Fees and Payment
Fees (Japanese Yen)
Early-bird fee (Registration by 14 Feb, 2019)
|Regular member of SAMJ||JPY 6,000||JPY 5,000|
|Student, Postdoc or silver members||JPY 3,000||JPY 3,000|
|Non-members**||JPY 7,000||JPY 5,000|
|Non-members (students/postdocs)**||JPY 4,000||JPY 3,000|
Regular fee (Registration after 15 Feb, 2019)
|Regular member of SAMJ||JPY 7,000||JPY 6,000|
|Student, Postdoc or silver members||JPY 4,000||JPY 4,000|
|Non-members||JPY 8,000||JPY 6,000|
|Non-members (students/postdocs)||JPY 5,000||JPY 4,000|
* Lunches are provided free of charge on 27 and 28 March.
** Overseas non-member participants can receive a privilege of discounted rate for the members of SAMJ.
Participants from outside Japan:Payment should be done on-site at the registration desk of ISAM2019 on arrival. Please be aware that all payments are in JPY. Early bird discount is applicable for the participants who send the registration form to the ISAM secretariat by 14 Feb, 2019 (JST). Fees for registration and the banquet basically depend on the participants’ membership status as shown in the above tables. However, overseas non-member participants can receive a privilege of discounted rate for the members (or student/postdoc members) by completing the registration by 14 Feb, 2019. Participants will be obligated to pay the registration fee for the cancellation after 1 Mar, 2019.
Participants from inside Japan: If you understand Japanese language, please refer to Japanese page. Otherwise, please contact us by email (samj (at) u-shizuoka-ken.ac.jp). All participants, irrespective of nationality, residing in Japan have to finish the payment by 14 Feb, 2019 to receive the early bird discount. The payment by the postal money transfer is accepted until 13 Mar, 2019. Thereafter, please pay at the reception desk on the meeting days.
If you need a visa for entering Japan with your nationality, please proceed with your visa application well in advance of your travel. Required documents and guidelines for visa application vary depending on the country, we recommend that you contact the Japanese embassy / consulate with the jurisdiction in your home country as early as possible to inquire about the specific requirements for visa application. You can find the detailed information about procedures of visa application on the following website:
If you need any support, contact us (samj[at]u-shizuoka-ken.ac.jp ).
Important deadlines (based on JST)
|Registration forms (with presentation)||15 Jan, 2019|
|Registration fee discount||14 Feb, 2019|
|Extended Abstract||31 Jan, 2019|
|Manuscripts for publication in JAM||31 May, 2019|
University of Shizuoka,
Lab of Plant & Environmental Sciences, School of Food and Nutritional Sciences,
52-1 Yada, Suruga-ku, Shizuoka 422-8526, Japan
Chair: Katsumi SUZUKI (Shizuoka University)
Vice chair: Itsuo TANAKA (Gifu University), Naoki OHISHI (Shizuoka Prefectural Research Institute of Agriculture and Forestry)
Executive chairperson / Chief of secretariat: Akira TANI (University of Shizuoka)
Vice executive chairperson: Tomoki MOCHIZUKI (University of Shizuoka)
Executive committee members:
Michihiko FUJII (Shizuoka University)
Hiroshi HAMAMOTO (Institute of Vegetable and Floriculture Science, NARO)
Susumu HISAMATSU (Shizuoka Prefectural Research Institute of Agriculture and Forestry)
Kiyoshi MATSUO (National Agriculture and Food Research Organization)
Taro NAKAI (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)
Takayuki NAKANO (Shizuoka Prefectural Research Institute of Agriculture and Forestry)
Kou NAKAZONO (Central Region Agricultural Research Center, NARO)
Ryuji OSUKA (Shizuoka Prefectural Research Institute of Agriculture and Forestry)
Tomohito SANO (Headquarters, NARO)
Teruaki SHIMAZU (Gifu University)
Shigetoshi SUZUKI (Meijo University)
Fumitaka TAKISHITA (Institute of Fruit Tree and Tea Science, NARO)